How to mirror iPhone screen to LG Smart TV with AirPlay
To wirelessly transfer the contents of Apple devices from LG TVs to their screens, it was necessary that you installed any type of application or install devices like Chromecast, Android boxes and others via the HDMI inputs. This has all changed with the introduction of AirPlay protocol for LG smart TVs.
LG has integrated Airplay into smart TVs with Web OS system made from 2018. This has greatly increased the entertainment options. It is now possible to project the iPhone screen onto an LG TV to view a FaceTime or Zoom video call. You can also stream videos from other AirPlay-compatible apps, and use the phone to do other things. This includes IPTV apps, such as HBO Go and Disney Plus.
We will show you how to turn on AirPlay on an LG Smart TV. You can also stream videos from your iPhone to the TV’s screen.
How do I activate Airplay on a LG TV
If your LG TV is set to automatically update, support for AirPlay will slowly arrive. If not, you can update your operating system.
Learn how to update your LG Smart TV’s firmware
AirPlay support will be enabled once it is received. The icon’s characteristic icon will then appear on the launchbar located on the TV’s home screen. It may be necessary to activate the feature by entering a numeric number on your iPhone screen in order to use it for the first-time. This request can be deactivated once it is complete.
Note If you do not see the AirPlay icon after updating your TV’s operating systems to the most recent version, perform a factory reset.
Mirroring iPhone Screen to AirPlay Compatible LG TV
- Connect your iPhone and LG TV first to the Wi-Fi network.
- Next, open Control Center. For iPhone 10 and later, swipe up from the upper-right corner. iPhone 8 and older: swipe up from the bottom.
- Next, tap on Mirroring and select your LGTV. Enter the code displayed on the TV screen of the iPhone if requested.
How to stream iPhone video to an AirPlay-compatible LG TV
- Connect your iPhone to LG TV to the Wi-Fi network
- Tap the AirPlay icon to open a video in the gallery or play content from an AirPlay-compatible third-party app.
- Next, choose the LG TV from the available options.
There are some video apps for iOS that don’t have the Airplay icon. For example, Facebook Watch videos will display a transmission icon (Cast), similar to the one used for sending content to a Chromecast. To select the LG TV, press the above icon.